Labels

Thursday 25 August 2011

Midnight Thoughts

Well what a random night.  We're off camping tomorrow morning and our bed is filled with camping gear so we decided to 'camp out' in the lounge.  Only I can't sleep!  I've tossed and turned and sleep is just not happening.  So what have a done instead?  Well, I've been watching our little angel sleep.  Listening to his quiet breathing as he sleeps with Bear clutched so tightly under his arm, on his front with his bum in the air.  I wonder what he's dreaming about.  

The past few months have been quite tough on us as a family.  Dave has been working hard to complete his dissertation and we celebrated his 2:1 pass on our 3rd anniversary.  Such a proud day - he's the most wonderful man and I'm blessed to be able to call him my husband.  
My Dad had a very serious heart attack and is very lucky to still be with us.  Although a frightening time I'm happy that what happened has brought us back together as a family.  Everything happens for a reason.
Mum bought herself the most wonderful new home and she is the happiest I've seen her in years.  Completely God given and for that I am thankful.
Finally, and I know a lot of you don't know this, but we sadly had a miscarriage a few months ago.  It was pretty much over before we knew it had begun and although upsetting at the time we realise that baby wasn't meant for us and one day the right one will come along.

The next few months have lots of excitement in store with camping and holidays in Scotland and Wales.  The announcement of a best friends engagement and another best friend is to be blessed with a baby girl in November - so much to smile about.  

So, it's now almost 1am and with a smile on my face I'm logging off and going to sleep (hopefully!).
Night night xx


1 comment:

  1. Lovely update! :O)

    I'm so, so sorry to read of your miscarriage. Even when it's early it is hard. It sounds like God kept you strong. hugs xxx

    I'm so excited for you that you have so much to look forward to! :O) I hope you have a lovely, lovely holiday!

    Tamsyn

    ReplyDelete